Trucking Jobs From a Wisconsin Based Company
Brakebush Transportation is based out of Wisconsin, servicing our 3 other company locations in Texas, Minnesota, and North Carolina. As a private fleet, we're able to offer those who drive for us great benefits and pay. Every one of our CDL-A drivers enjoys well-maintained trucks equipped with many driver-friendly amenities you'll appreciate. You'll enjoy timely logistics support and the opportunity to be home every week. Sound like your next gig? Apply now or contact us with questions.
Brakebush is hiring in all Wisconsin counties including:
Milwaukee County | Dane County | Outagamie County | Racine County | Kenosha County | Rock County | Sheboygan County | Waukesha County | Washington County | Walworth County | Fond du Lac County | Ozaukee County | Dodge County | Jefferson County | Marquette County | Green Lake County | Waushara County | Columbia County | Adams County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Wisconsin Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above average annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers across the state.
- $80,722 average Wisconsin truck driver salary (2023)
- +7% projected job growth of Wisconsin heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 54,310 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in Wisconsin
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Wisconsin)||Driving distance in hours|
|Milwaukee||113 miles||1.9 hours|
|Madison||58 miles||1.1 hours|
|Green Bay||107 miles||2 hours|
|Kenosha||161 miles||2.5 hours|
|Racine||152 miles||2.4 hours|
|Appleton||76 miles||1.5 hours|
|Waukesha||110 miles||1.7 hours|
|Eau Claire||142 miles||2.3 hours|
|Oshkosh||57 miles||1.2 hours|
|Janesville||93 miles||1.5 hours|
|West Allis||120 miles||1.8 hours|
|La Crosse||105 miles||1.9 hours|
|Wauwatosa||121 miles||1.8 hours|
|Sheboygan||96 miles||2.5 hours|
|Fond du Lac||59 miles||1.4 hours|
|New Berlin||118 miles||1.8 hours|
|Wausau||90 miles||1.4 hours|
|Brookfield||116 miles||1.8 hours|
|Menomonee Falls||122 miles||2 hours|
|Beloit||103 miles||1.7 hours|
Reefer Trucking Jobs
Our Wisconsin headquarters is expanding to hire more drivers for 2022 and beyond. Many Brakebush Transportation drivers make extra money due to our newly rolled out progressive stop pay schedule. This pay schedule gives drivers added compensation for the stops they make along the way to their final destination.
OTR Trucking Jobs
Taking your career as an over-the-road driver out of Wisconsin to the next level with Brakebush Transportation has its benefits. While you may spend 24-27 days a month on the road, we work with our drivers to give them time off at home consistently. As one of our drivers, your earning potential will be sky-high due to incentives like easy coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile), quarterly safety bonus (1 cent per practical mile), and more.
Team Driving Jobs
Looking for a husband and wife truck driving job? You’ve come to the right place. Brakebush Transportation welcomes couples on the road. See our pay breakdown for team drivers including a 33 cents per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per practical mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Wisconsin Trucking Jobs
What is OTR in trucking?
OTR is when a long-haul truck driver sometimes spends weeks at a time on the road, driving across the country with full loads. OTR drivers require overnight stays, but at Brakebush you're guaranteed time at home each week. Drivers normally choose this career path because of the high demand and higher salaries.
What is a reefer driver?
A reefer driver normally carries loads of refrigerated fresh goods across the country. Most individuals who have driving experience and close attention to detail choose this route. It can sometimes be hard work, but compensation makes up for it.
How much is a truck driver's salary?
In Wisconsin, the average salary for truck drivers in 2023 was $80,722. At Brakebush, we offer skilled CDL-A licensed drivers the opportunity to average $100,000 per year and beyond in earnings.
Who hires new CDL drivers?
Brakebush is hiring CDL-A certified truck drivers at our Wisconsin branch. If you have experience in long-haul truck driving and an excellent driving record, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
How much time off do OTR truckers get?
At Brakebush, drivers are given time at home each week for a minimum of 34 hours. We also have options for drivers who would like more time at home.