About our OTR Trucking Company
As a family-owned and operated business since 1925, Brakebush is an industry-leading provider of high-quality frozen chicken products throughout the US. We’re a privately-held company with no obligations to shareholders and can offer our OTR drivers excellent pay and a great benefits package. Apply now online or contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
Brakebush is hiring in all Texas counties including:
Harris County | Dallas County | Tarrant County | Bexar County | Travis County | Collin County | Hidalgo County | El Paso County | Ellis County | Kaufman County | Rockwall County | Denton County | Johnson County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $25,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Texas Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members average far above annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers across the state.
- $89,592 average Texas truck driver salary (2023)
- +22% projected job growth of Texas heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 203,040 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in TX
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Texas)||Driving distance in hours|
|Houston||249 miles||3.7 hours|
|San Antonio||282 miles||4.7 hours|
|Dallas||10 miles||0.3 hours|
|Austin||204 miles||3.2 hours|
|Fort Worth||28 miles||0.5 hours|
|El Paso||632 miles||9 hours|
|Arlington||19 miles||0.4 hours|
|Corpus Christi||395 miles||6.7 hours|
|Plano||23 miles||0.5 hours|
|Laredo||438 miles||7.2 hours|
|Lubbock||329 miles||5 hours|
|Irving||3 miles||0.1 hours|
|Garland||23 miles||0.5 hours|
|Amarillo||358 miles||5.3 hours|
|Grand Prairie||10 miles||0.3 hours|
|Brownsville||538 miles||8.5 hours|
|McKinney||36.8 miles||0.42 hours|
|Frisco||27.3 miles||0.32 hours|
|Pasadena||262 miles||4 hours|
|Killeen||161 miles||2.9 hours|
|Waco||103 miles||1.6 hours|
Reefer Trucking Jobs
Our Irving, Texas plant happens to be one of the busiest stops for Brakebush reefer drivers. The industry need for team and solo truck drivers remains high, and we’re looking to fill reefer job openings across the state and beyond. Typical reefer loads in Texas involve hauling newly frozen raw chicken products (kept under 32 degrees) across the country. This can include a final destination to one of our 3 additional plants in North Carolina, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.
OTR Trucking Jobs
Texas over-the-road drivers at Brakebush enjoy a competitive pay structure and sky-high earning potential. Choosing a career on the road, where you may spend 23-27 days away, can come with its challenges. But as a long-haul driver with us, your earnings can clear the $100,000 mark thanks to our generous pay and bonus opportunities.
Team Driving Jobs
Team truck driving can be a lucrative opportunity. Teams at Brakebush Transportation enjoy an increased base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per practical mile. Combined with our bonus earnings programs and this just might be your best team driving job yet.
Frequently Asked Questions on Texas Trucking Jobs
What are the requirements for OTR trucking?
Trucking companies normally require a high school diploma, a commercial driver's license, and for you to be 21+ depending on the state. At Brakebush, we're looking for skilled drivers with CDL-A certification and an excellent driving record to join our team.
How much does a truck driver make in Texas?
As of 2023, truck drivers in Texas average $89,592 in earnings annually. Many Brakebush Transportation drivers average $100,000 and beyond in annual earnings.
What are the benefits of over-the-road trucking?
At Brakebush, we offer many benefits for our OTR drivers including great pay, home time, modern equipment, full-service shops, and onsite wellness centers. We also reward our drivers with bonuses and full benefits packages.
What is OTR trucking?
OTR, or over-the-road, is when truck drivers haul products over long distances, sometimes spending weeks on the road. The OTR drivers at Brakebush drive comfortably in our modern trucks decked out with APUs, HD TVs, satellite radio, and more.
What is a reefer truck?
Reefer trucks are semis that pull refrigerated trailers for perishable goods. Reefers have cooling systems that allow you to transport frozen and refrigerated freights. At Brakebush, you will use reefer trucks to transport our frozen chicken products across the US.