Reefer Trucking Jobs in North Carolina
Experienced OTR Truck Drivers Wanted
Brakebush Transportation is the transport and logistics division of Brakebush, a nationally recognized leader in refrigerated trucking and frozen chicken products throughout the lower-48. We’ve been a family-owned and operated business since 1925, driven by a focus on doing right by our customers and suppliers, and priding ourselves on employee satisfaction.
As a privately held business, Brakebush Transportation’s North Carolina branch is able to offer great benefits and competitive pay to all our reefer drivers. It is our priority to make sure our drivers have modern, well maintained rigs and the best logistics support in the industry.
Being family owned, we also understand how important life outside of work can be. That’s why we do our best to ensure our drivers are able to spend quality time at home each and every week. In return, we ask that our drivers treat our customers, their loads and other motorists on the road with the utmost respect.
Brakebush is currently hiring in the following counties:
If you’re an experienced reefer driver, have a valid CDL-A license and an excellent driving record, Brakebush Transportation wants to hear from you. We are currently hiring for our Mocksville, North Carolina location, just southwest of Winston-Salem. You can review our competitive pay structure and excellent benefits below. If you're ready, apply online or contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
251 Eaton Rd.
Mocksville NC, USA 27028
- Base Rate: $.48 per Practical Mile ($.47 for the first 90 days)
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- $.03 per mi. (East Coast Premium)
- Stop Pay: $25.00 for dispatched stop
- $12.50 per hour detention pay after two hours at an appointment & four hours at a first come first serve.
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $137.50
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers typically earn in excess of $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After accumulating 250,000 safe driving miles, a driver can receive $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in a career at the company.
- Medical plan
- 401k - Company match
- Health Saving plan and FLEX plan
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Basic term Life Insurance - Company provided coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance option to purchase
- Option to purchase long and short-term disability and illness plans
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Holiday Pay - Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) - Earned on an accrual basis as follows:
- 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
- 2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
- 10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
- 18+ years: 28 days/yr
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
Our drivers dedicate an admirable amount of time and energy into their work. We show our gratitude by making Brakebush a great place to work. Driver benefits include:
401(K) + Company Match
Driver Referral Bonuses