About our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is the transport and logistics division of Brakebush, a nationally recognized leader in refrigerated trucking and frozen chicken products throughout the US. We are a family-owned and operated business driven by doing right for our employees, customers, and suppliers. If you're ready, apply online or contact us with any questions you may have.
Brakebush is hiring in all North Carolina counties including:
Mecklenburg County | Wake County | Guilford County | Forsyth County | Cumberland County | Durham County | Buncombe County | Union County | Davie County | Davidson County | Rowan County | Iredell County | Yadkin County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $25,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
North Carolina Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members average far above annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers all across the state.
- $80,180 average North Carolina truck driver salary (2023)
- +13% projected job growth of North Carolina heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 65,090 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in NC
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Charlotte||62.3 miles||1 hour|
|Raleigh||129 miles||2 hours|
|Greensboro||54.1 miles||0.57 hours|
|Durham||106 miles||1.6 hours|
|Winston-Salem||26.4 miles||0.32 hours|
|Fayetteville||145 miles||2.4 hours|
|Cary||123 miles||1.9 hours|
|Wilmington||235 miles||3.7 hours|
|High Point||38.2 miles||0.44 hours|
|Concord||38.5 miles||0.50 hours|
|Greenville||211 miles||3 hours|
|Asheville||124 miles||2 hours|
|Gastonia||77.6 miles||1 hour|
|Jacksonville||248 miles||3.9 hours|
|Apex||119 miles||1.9 hours|
|Chapel Hill||102 miles||1.6 hours|
|Huntersville||49.5 miles||0.53 hours|
|Burlington||74.1 miles||1 hour|
|Rocky Mount||186 miles||2.9 hours|
|Kannapolis||33.8 miles||0.47 hours|
Reefer Trucking Jobs
Brakebush Transportation of Mocksville is on the prowl for experienced reefer truck drivers to fill immediate job openings. As the newest location in the business, the Mocksville, North Carolina plant is 1 of 3 responsible for cooking and parfrying Brakebush chicken. Both our team and solo reefer drivers have ready access to enjoy our generous page structure, including an east coast premium of 10 cents per practical mile.
OTR Trucking Jobs
While our North Carolina over-the-road drivers may sometimes be asked to make trips totaling 23-26 days on the road in a given month, the job comes with its benefits. One of our recent additions includes a newly formatted driver-stop pay schedule. You will receive competitive compensation for each stop made before the final destination. Long haul drivers at our company see the most benefit from a recently increased driver base rate of 60 cents per practical mile.
Team Driving Jobs
Husband and wife team drivers are encouraged to apply at Brakebush. If you’re looking for a high-paying truck driving job that maximizes your time together while on the road, apply now. We reward driving teams with a raised team base rate of 33 cents per practical mile, as well as an east coast premium of 5 cents per practical mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on North Carolina Trucking Jobs
What is an OTR driver?
OTR drivers do long-haul trucking runs carrying heavy, sensitive materials and are paid on a per-mile basis. At Brakebush, our OTR drivers are respected and generously compensated for the work they do.
How much do truck drivers make in NC?
As of 2023, truck drivers in North Carolina average $80,180 in earnings annually. Many team members at Brakebush Transportation average $100,000 and beyond in annual earnings.
What are the benefits of OTR trucking?
OTR trucking positions are always in demand, so you'll have job security in a position that pays well. At Brakebush, we offer full benefits packages, great pay, and bonuses for hard-working drivers. Our modern equipment also makes long-haul trips that much more comfortable.
What are the requirements for long-haul trucking?
Most trucking companies require drivers to be CDL certified, over 21, and with a high school diploma. At Brakebush, we strongly encourage experienced CDL-A drivers with excellent driving records to apply.
What do reefer trucks carry?
Reefer trucks are essential for transporting large amounts of perishable products across the country. Brakebush Transportation drivers transport quality chicken products all over North Carolina and beyond.