Truck Drivers Needed in Minnesota
Brakebush Transportation is driven to do right by our customers, suppliers, and employees. For our OTR drivers, that means not only great pay and excellent benefits but also modern, well-maintained rigs and the best logistics support in the business. As a Midwestern family, we also respect the importance of life outside work. That’s why we make sure our drivers enjoy regular offered time at home. Apply today.
Brakebush is hiring in all Minnesota counties including:
Hennepin County | Ramsey County | Dakota County | Anoka County | Washington County | St. Louis County | Stearns County | Olmsted County | Faribault County | Martin County | Freeborn County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Minnesota Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members average far above annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers all across the state.
- $80,595 average Minnesota truck driver salary (2023)
- +4% projected job growth of Minnesota heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 37,770 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in Minnesota
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Minnesota)||Driving distance in hours|
|Minneapolis||116 miles||1.8 hours|
|St. Paul||120 miles||1.8 hours|
|Rochester||82.9 miles||1.3 hours|
|Bloomington||105 miles||1.6 hours|
|Duluth||267 miles||3.9 hours|
|Brooklyn Park||127 miles||1.9 hours|
|Plymouth||125 miles||1.9 hours|
|Woodbury||121 miles||1.8 hours|
|Maple Grove||128 miles||1.9 hours|
|Blaine||133 miles||2.1 hours|
|Lakeville||93.8 miles||1.5 hours|
|St. Cloud||147 miles||2.8 hours|
|Eagan||106 miles||1.6 hours|
|Burnsville||101 miles||1.5 hours|
|Eden Prairie||97.2 miles||1.8 hours|
|Coon Rapids||132 miles||2.6 hours|
|Apple Valley||101 miles||1.5 hours|
|Minnetonka||106 miles||1.9 hours|
|Edina||112 miles||1.8 hours|
|St. Louis Park||118 miles||1.9 hours|
Reefer Trucking Jobs
Another recent addition to the Brakebush family, the Wells, Minnesota plant is searching for reefer truck drivers. Featuring jobs with immediate openings, this is an opportunity to work for a private trucking company while driving a fully branded (and comfort-focused) rig. Typical reefer loads to Wells come from our Texas plant out of Iriving, located 915 miles south.
OTR Trucking Jobs
Our Minnesota over-the-road drivers are a part of the backbone that helps Brakebush succeed nationwide. With our recently increased base driver rate of 60 cents per practical mile and new stop pay schedule rewarding $20 per stop minimum, now has never been a better time to become a long-haul truck driver. Even with over 24 days on the road each month, Brakebush OTR drivers are given the opportunity to spend time at home with family consistently.
Team Driving Jobs
Husband and wife team drivers are welcome at Brakebush Transportation. Maximize your earning potential as a couple with a team base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per practical mile. With other bonus-earning opportunities, your chance at a high-paying team driving job while spending quality time together on the road is with Brakebush.
Frequently Asked Questions on Minnesota Trucking Jobs
What is the best paying trucking company?
Brakebush Transportation prides itself on being one of the best-paying trucking companies in the industry. We show our gratitude to our drivers with competitive pay, time at home, and plenty of bonuses.
What is layover pay in trucking?
A layover in trucking is when a driver is delayed by a shipper or receiver for one or more days. Layover pay is the rate you're paid by the company you drive for. Brakebush offers a $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24-hour max of $165.
How much do truck drivers make in Minnesota?
As of 2023, truck drivers in Minnesota average $80,595 in annual earnings. Many team members at Brakebush Transportation average $100,000 and beyond in annual earnings.
Who is the best trucking company to drive for?
Brakebush Transportation offers an abundance of benefits that makes us a truck-driving company you want to work for. With competitive pay, a full benefits package, and bonuses, you won't want to work anywhere else.
What are reefer trucks used for?
Reefer trucks are utilized to carry perishable and temperature-sensitive goods for long distances. At Brakebush, our reefer truck drivers transport our frozen chicken products all over the US including Minnesota.