About Our CDL Trucking Company
As a family-owned trucking company, Brakebush Transportation has delivered industry-leading poultry products throughout the continental US since 1925. Brakebush is a privately-owned company with no obligations to shareholders - passing the savings on to drivers. See more reasons why you might be a good fit with us along with our complete pay structures and benefits below. Apply now or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Tennessee counties including:
Shelby County | Davidson County | Knox County | Hamilton County | Rutherford County | Williamson County | Montgomery County | Sumner County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Tennessee Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $78,652 average Tennessee truck driver salary (2023)
- +14% projected job growth of Tennessee heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 70,000 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in TN
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Nashville||416 miles||6.5 hours|
|Memphis||627 miles||9.6 hours|
|Knoxville||237 miles||3.7 hours|
|Chattanooga||384 miles||5.4 hours|
|Clarksville||462 miles||7.3 hours|
|Murfreesboro||416 miles||6.5 hours|
|Franklin||432 miles||6.7 hours|
|Jackson||544 miles||8.4 hours|
|Johnson City||144 miles||2.9 hours|
|Bartlett||613 miles||9.5 hours|
|Hendersonville||420 miles||6.7 hours|
|Kingsport||193 hours||3.2 hours|
|Collierville||617 miles||9.5 hours|
|Smyrna||411 miles||6.4 hours|
|Cleveland||291 miles||5 hours|
|Brentwood||421 miles||6.4 hours|
|Spring Hill||446 miles||6.9 hours|
|Germantown||615 miles||9.6 hours|
|Columbia||455 miles||7.1 hours|
|Gallatin||407 miles||6.4 hours|
Tennessee OTR Trucking Jobs
Join Brakebush Transportation for a rewarding OTR job out of Tennessee. While it's common for our drivers to be on the road 24-27 days a month, we give each a chance for regular time off at home. Take advantage of additional driver incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile) to increase your earnings.
Solo Truck Driver Jobs That Count
The best solo truck driver jobs are at Brakebush Transportation in Tennessee. Our drivers receive generous pay, full benefits, and bonuses for hard work. If you are looking for a reputable transportation company that respects its drivers, apply today!
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush Transportation hires team drivers nationwide. Get the opportunity to work alongside a partner or as a husband and wife trucking team to maximize your earning potential and grow your career. With a private fleet of comfort-focused trucks and a commitment to safety and customer satisfaction, Brakebush offers a supportive and rewarding work environment for all team drivers. See our pay structure for team drivers, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Tennessee
How much does a trucker get paid in TN?
Truck drivers in Tennessee make on average an estimated $78,652 per year, according to Indeed.
How often do you have to renew your CDL in Tennessee?
A CDL license must be renewed every 8 years in Tennessee, according to dmv.org.