About our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush is a family-owned and operated business with a rich history in the poultry production and distribution industry since 1925. Since we have no obligations to shareholders, we’re able to offer great benefits, top-of-the-line trucks, and bonuses to our drivers. Want to work for a company that values your skillset and rewards you for all you do? Apply online or contact us with questions.
Brakebush is hiring in all North Dakota counties including:
Cass County | Burleigh County | Grand Forks County | Ward County | Williams County | Stark County | Morton County | Stutsman County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
North Dakota Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $100,527 average North Dakota truck driver salary (2023)
- 12% projected job growth of North Dakota heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 10,550 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in NorthDakota
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Minnesota)||Driving distance in hours|
|Fargo||308 miles||5.2 hours|
|Bismarck||499 miles||7.7 hours|
|Grand Forks||389 miles||6.4 hours|
|Minot||572 miles||9 hours|
|West Fargo||313 miles||5.2 hours|
|Williston||736 miles||11.2 hours|
|Dickinson||596 miles||9 hours|
|Mandan||503 miles||7.7 hours|
|Jamestown||400 miles||6.4 hours|
|Wahpeton||260 miles||4.7 hours|
|Devils Lake||472 miles||7.5 hours|
|Watford City||721 miles||10.4 hours|
|Valley City||365 miles||5.9 hours|
|Grafton||424 miles||6.7 hours|
|Lincoln||498 miles||7.7 hours|
|Beulah||575 miles||8.7 hours|
|Horace||309 miles||5.3 hours|
|Rugby||530 miles||8.3 hours|
|Casselton||328 miles||5.4 hours|
|Stanley||667 miles||9.9 hours|
North Dakota OTR Trucking Jobs
Level up your over-the-road driving career out of North Dakota with Brakebush Transportation. While our OTR drivers tend to travel for 24–27 days a month, we work with each to make sure they have regular time off at home. Your earning potential is sky-high thanks to added incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Offering Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush is offering rewarding team driving jobs. If you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver on the job, you’ve come to the right place. See our pay breakdown for team drivers including a $.33 per practical mile base rate and $.05 per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in North Dakota
How much do CDL drivers make in North Dakota?
CDL truck drivers in North Dakota make on average $100,527 per year or 23% above the national average, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in North Dakota?
A CDL license in North Dakota lasts for 4 years.