About our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation has been family-owned and operated since 1925. You’ve probably seen our decorated yellow and white trucks on the road. Since we’re private and have no obligations to shareholders, we pass the added benefits onto our drivers and staff. See our pay structures and benefits below. Apply online or contact us with questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all New Mexico counties including:
Bernalillo County | Doña Ana County | Santa Fe County | Sandoval County | San Juan County | Valencia County | McKinley County | Lea County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
New Mexico Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members earn well above average annual earnings for New Mexico truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $83,378 average New Mexico truck driver salary (2023)
- +10% projected job growth of New Mexico heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 12,170 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in NM
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Texas)||Driving distance in hours|
|Albuquerque||642 miles||9.6 hours|
|Las Cruces||678 miles||9.9 hours|
|Rio Rancho||655 miles||9.7 hours|
|Santa Fe||633 miles||9.6 hours|
|Roswell||489 miles||7.3 hours|
|Farmington||821 miles||12.4 hours|
|South Valley||650 miles||9.7 hours|
|Clovis||446 miles||6.7 hours|
|Hobbs||393 miles||6.2 hours|
|Alamogordo||580 miles||9.4 hours|
|Carlsbad||455 miles||7.2 hours|
|Gallup||777 miles||11.5 hours|
|Sunland Park||641 miles||9.4 hours|
|Los Lunas||664 miles||9.9 hours|
|Chaparral||651 miles||9.6 hours|
|Deming||734 miles||10.7 hours|
|North Valley||648 miles||9.7 miles|
|Las Vegas||574 miles||8.8 miles|
|Los Alamos||667 miles||10.2 hours|
|Artesia||471 miles||7.3 hours|
New Mexico OTR Trucking Jobs
Take your over-the-road driving career out of New Mexico to the next level with Brakebush Transportation. While our OTR drivers tend to travel for 24–27 days a month, we work with each to make sure they have consistent time off. Your earning potential with us is sky-high thanks to added driver incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Solo Truck Driving Positions for New Mexico Drivers
Brakebush Transportation is a family-owned transportation company, operating since 1925. We are looking to fill our available solo trucking positions in New Mexico. Drivers earn a healthy wage, full benefits, and a bonus structure that rewards honest work. Apply today!
Offering Rewarding Team Driver Jobs
Brakebush offers team driving jobs to CDL-A licensed drivers nationwide. If you're a husband and wife truck driving team or someone just looking for a co-driver on the job, you can increase your income with our team driver program. See our pay breakdown for team drivers including a 33 cents per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Trucking Jobs in New Mexico
How much do truck drivers make in NM?
Truck drivers in New Mexico make on average $83,378 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in New Mexico?
A CDL license in New Mexico lasts for either 4 years or 8 years.