About Our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation has been a leader in the transportation industry since 1925. Our drivers enjoy great benefits and above-average pay since we are privately owned with no obligations to shareholders. See more reasons Brakebush Transportation would be a great fit to advance your career and view our full pay and benefits packages below. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Missouri counties including:
St. Louis County | Jackson County | St. Charles County | Greene County | Clay County | Jefferson County | Boone County | Jasper County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Missouri Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members average well above annual earnings for Missouri truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $82,732 average Missouri truck driver salary (2023)
- +9% projected job growth of Missouri heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 46,030 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in Missouri
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Wisconsin)||Driving distance in hours|
|Kansas City||509 miles||8 hours|
|St. Louis||633 miles||9.9 hours|
|Springfield||420 miles||7 hours|
|Columbia||580 miles||9.2 hours|
|Independence||512 miles||8 hours|
|Lee's Summit||491 miles||7.9 hours|
|O'Fallon||628 miles||10 hours|
|St. Joseph||565 miles||8.6 hours|
|St. Charles||636 miles||9.9 hours|
|St. Peters||628 miles||10 hours|
|Blue Springs||513 miles||8 hours|
|Florissant||640 miles||10 hours|
|Joplin||352 miles||6 hours|
|Chesterfield||617 miles||9.7 hours|
|Jefferson City||594 miles||8.9 hours|
|Cape Girardeau||617 miles||9 hours|
|Wentzville||619 miles||10 hours|
|Oakville||628 miles||9.9 hours|
|Wildwood||607 miles||9.5 hours|
|University City||629 miles||9.9 hours|
Missouri OTR Trucking Jobs
Join Brakebush Transportation for a rewarding OTR job out of Missouri. While you may be on the road for 24-27 days a month, our drivers are treated to regular time off at home. Increase your earnings through our additional driver incentives such as east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers lucrative team-driving jobs. Whether you're a husband and wife team or an individual looking for a co-driver, our team driving programs could be a great fit. See our team pay structure, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Missouri
How much does trucking pay in Missouri?
Truck drivers in Missouri make on average $82,732 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Missouri?
A standard CDL in Missouri lasts for 6 years. HAZMAT-endorsed CDL holders have a license valid for 5 years.