About our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is a reefer trucking company with 4 separate plants across the nation. As a family-owned company, we don’t have obligations to shareholders and thus pass the benefits onto you. We offer drivers excellent benefits and 13 days of paid vacation in your first year. Apply now or contact us with any questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Maine counties including:
Cumberland County | York County | Penobscot County | Kennebec County | Androscoggin County | Aroostook County | Oxford County | Hancock County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Maine Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for Maine truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $79,828 average Maine truck driver salary (2023)
- -1% projected job growth of Maine heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 10,330 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in ME
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Portland||899 miles||14.3 hours|
|Lewiston||931 miles||14.7 hours|
|Bangor||1,027 miles||15.9 hours|
|South Portland||900 miles||14.3 hours|
|Auburn||928 miles||14.6 hours|
|Biddeford||883 miles||14.1 hours|
|Sanford||880 miles||14.1 hours|
|Brunswick||924 miles||14.6 hours|
|Scarborough||894 miles||14.2 hours|
|Saco||887 miles||14.1 hours|
|Westbrook||899 miles||14.3 hours|
|Augusta||954 miles||14.7 hours|
|Windham||905 miles||14.4 hours|
|Gorham||900 miles||14.3 hours|
|Waterville||974 miles||15.1 hours|
|York||857 miles||13.7 hours|
|Falmouth||906 miles||14.4 hours|
|Kennebunk||876 miles||14 hours|
|Orono||1035 miles||15.9 hours|
|Wells||870 miles||13.9 hours|
Maine OTR Trucking Jobs
There are advantages to elevating your over-the-road driving career from Maine with Brakebush Transportation. Even though you might travel between 24 and 27 days a month, we coordinate with our drivers to make sure they have scheduled downtime at home. Level up your earnings even further with added incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents for each practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 penny per practical mile).
Solo Truck Driving Jobs In Maine
Brakebush Transportation offers the best solo trucking opportunities for experienced drivers looking to further their careers. Drive solo with us and enjoy excellent pay, benefits, and a generous bonus structure. Apply today and hit the road to success with a reputable transportation company.
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush Transportation offers rewarding team driving jobs. Whether you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver on the job, our team driving program offers a fulfilling way to share the road and earn more. See our pay breakdown for team drivers including a 33 cents per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Maine
How much does a CDL driver make in Maine?
CDL truck drivers in Maine make on average $79,828 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Maine?
A CDL in Maine lasts for 5 years for drivers aged 65 or younger. Drivers over 65 must renew their CDL every 4 years.