About our Reefer Trucking Company
We are a family-owned and operated company that delivers high-quality poultry products across the United States. We have top-of-the-line equipment for our CDL drivers. Our rigs come with a TV, microwave, fridge, freezer, and more along with some of the best logistics support in the industry. Apply online or contact us with questions.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Iowa counties including:
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Iowa Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members average well above annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $81,526 average Iowa truck driver salary (2023)
- +19% projected job growth of Iowa heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 44,860 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in IA
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Wisconsin)||Driving distance in hours|
|Des Moines||333 miles||5.3 hours|
|Cedar Rapids||211 miles||3.5 hours|
|Davenport||209 miles||3.5 hours|
|Sioux City||433 miles||6.5 hours|
|Iowa City||221 miles||3.7 hours|
|West Des Moines||345 miles||5.5 hours|
|Ankeny||324 miles||5.3 hours|
|Waterloo||229 miles||3.7 hours|
|Ames||321 miles||5.2 hours|
|Council Bluffs||461 miles||7.3 hours|
|Dubuque||137 miles||2.3 hours|
|Urbandale||339 miles||5.4 hours|
|Cedar Falls||236 miles||4 hours|
|Marion||203 miles||3.4 hours|
|Bettendorf||211 miles||3.4 hours|
|Mason City||250 miles||4 hours|
|Marshalltown||284 miles||4.6 hours|
|Clinton||168 miles||3.3 hours|
|Burlington||281 miles||4.9 hours|
|Ottumwa||310 miles||5.2 hours|
Reefer Trucking Jobs
Brakebush Transportation has a plant located in Wells, Minnesota, making us as close as 30 minutes for Iowa-based drivers. The need for drivers remains high, and we’re looking to fill open positions nationwide. Typical reefer loads from our Wells location involve hauling frozen product to one of 3 other locations in Wisconsin, North Carolina, or Texas.
OTR Trucking Jobs
Iowa over-the-road drivers with us enjoy a high earning potential. While you may spend 23-27 days away in a given month, many of our drivers enjoy regular time off at home. Take advantage of our extra driver incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents for every practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent for every practical mile).
Solo Trucking Jobs in Iowa
Brakebush Transportation is looking for experienced solo drivers in Iowa. If you are looking for a transportation company that offers great pay, great benefits, and with a generous bonus structure, look no further than Brakebush Transportation. Apply today to experience the Brakebush difference!
Team Driving Jobs
Driving as a husband and wife team can be a great way to boost your income. Thankfully team driving at Brakebush is welcomed. Team drivers with us enjoy a 33 cents per practical mile base rate with an added east coast premium of 5 cents per practical mile. Combined with our elusive bonus structure and it’s easy to see how this becomes a lucrative opportunity.
Frequently Asked Questions on Iowa Trucking Jobs
How much does a trucker make in Iowa?
Truck drivers in Iowa make on average $81,526 per year, according to Indeed.
How long do you have to renew your CDL license in Iowa?
A CDL in Iowa must be renewed every 8 years. Drivers aged 78 or older must renew their CDL every 2 years.