About our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is a family-owned company with a history of strong service to employees and customers since 1925. We’re able to offer our drivers excellent pay and full benefits since we do not have obligations to shareholders. If you’re looking for a company that values your skillset and will reward your hard work, Brakebush may be the right place. Apply online or contact us with questions.
Brakebush is hiring in all Delaware counties including:
New Castle County | Sussex County | Kent County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Delaware Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $93,415 average Delaware truck driver salary (2023)
- +9% projected job growth of heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 4,820 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in Delaware
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Wilmington||496 miles||8.4 hours|
|Dover||457 miles||7.9 hours|
|Newark||484 miles||8.3 hours|
|Middletown||459 miles||7.7 hours|
|Bear||474 miles||8 hours|
|Glasgow||470 miles||8 hours|
|Brookside||458 miles||8.3 hours|
|Hockessin||473 miles||8.6 hours|
|Smyrna||458 miles||7.9 hours|
|Milford||459 miles||8 hours|
|Pike Creek Valley||494 miles||8.4 hours|
|Claymont||504 miles||8.5 hours|
|Wilmington Manor||467 miles||8.4 hours|
|Seaford||444 miles||7.7 hours|
|Pike Creek||493 miles||8.4 hours|
|North Star||490 miles||8.5 hours|
|Georgetown||448 miles||7.7 hours|
|Edgemoor||499 miles||8.4 hours|
|Elsmere||496 miles||8.4 hours|
|New Castle||478 miles||8.1 hours|
Delaware OTR Trucking Jobs
There are advantages to elevating your over-the-road driving career out of Delaware with Brakebush Transportation. While you may travel for 24–27 days a month, we work with our drivers to make sure they have regular time off at home. And with quarterly incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile), your earning potential is sky-high.
Rewarding Team Driving Jobs
If you're searching for a team truck driving job that's worthwhile, Brakebush has you covered. Whether you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver, Brakebush is hiring team drivers. See our pay breakdown for team drivers including a 33 cents per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Delaware
How much do CDL drivers make in Delaware?
CDL truck drivers in Delaware make an average of $93,415 per year or 14% above the national average, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Delaware?
A CDL license in Delaware lasts for 8 years. Drivers with a hazmat license must renew every 5 years.