About our Truck Driving Company
Brakebush Transportation is a family-owned company and a leader in the reefer trucking space. By being a private company with no obligations to shareholders, we pass the added benefits onto our drivers and staff. See more reasons why Brakebush might be a great fit along with our pay structures and benefits below. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you!
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Wyoming counties including:
Laramie County | Natrona County | Campbell County | Sweetwater County | Fremont County | Albany County | Sheridan County | Park County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Wyoming Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $89,236 average Wyoming truck driver salary (2023)
- +23% projected job growth of Wyoming heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 7,280 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in WY
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Minnesota)||Driving distance in hours|
|Cheyenne||735 miles||10.9 hours|
|Casper||765 miles||10.8 hours|
|Gillette||639 miles||9 hours|
|Laramie||783 miles||11.6 hours|
|Rock Springs||987 miles||14.3 hours|
|Sheridan||741 miles||10.4 hours|
|Green River||1002 miles||14.6 hours|
|Evanston||1087 miles||15.9 hours|
|Riverton||880 miles||12.6 hours|
|Jackson||1038 miles||15.6 hours|
|Cody||875 miles||12.9 hours|
|Rawlins||879 miles||12.6 hours|
|Lander||905 miles||13.1 hours|
|Torrington||661 miles||9.8 hours|
|Douglas||700 miles||10.2 hours|
|Powell||862 miles||12.9 hours|
|Ranchettes||730 miles||10.8 hours|
|Worland||797 miles||11.7 hours|
|Buffalo||707 miles||9.9 hours|
|Fox Farm-College||739 miles||10.9 hours|
Wyoming OTR Trucking Jobs
Brakebush Transportation is hiring OTR truck drivers out of Wyoming. While you may be on the road for extended periods of 24-27 days a month, our drivers still enjoy regular time at home. Boost your earnings with additional driver incentives such as east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile). Apply to join our team online and experience the benefits of a fulfilling career in the trucking industry!
The Best Solo Trucking Jobs
Drive by yourself for a family-run transportation business that pays well, provides complete benefits, and has a significant bonus structure. Apply right away if you're prepared for the increased independence and flexible schedule of a solo truck driver out of Wyoming today!
Available Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush hires team drivers all over the country. Drive with a partner or as a husband and wife trucking team to maximize your earning potential and advance your career with us. Brakebush provides all team drivers with a private fleet of comfort-focused trucks and a generous earnings structure. See our pay structure for team drivers, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile plus a 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Wyoming
How much does a truck driver make in Wyoming?
Truck drivers in Wyoming make on average an estimated $89,236 per year or 9% above the national average, according to Indeed.
How long is a CDL license good for in Wyoming?
A CDL license is good for 4 years in Wyoming.