About Our Truck Driving Company
Brakebush Transportation is a leading supplier of high-quality chicken products across the United States. We are a family-owned, private trucking company with no obligations to shareholders. This allows us to pass the additional savings onto our drivers through increased earnings and benefits packages. See more reasons why Brakebush might be a great fit for you along with our full compensation and benefits packages below. Apply now or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all West Virginia counties including:
Kanawha County | Berkeley County | Monongalia County | Cabell County | Wood County | Raleigh County | Harrison County | Mercer County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
West Virginia Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $81,096 average West Virginia truck driver salary (2023)
- +12% projected job growth of West Virginia heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 10,310 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in WV
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Charleston||228 miles||3.9 hours|
|Huntington||281 miles||4.6 hours|
|Morgantown||340 miles||5.5 hours|
|Parkersburg||305 miles||4.9 hours|
|Wheeling||406 miles||6.3 hours|
|Fairmont||323 miles||5.2 hours|
|Weirton||425 miles||6.7 hours|
|Martinsburg||350 miles||5.5 hours|
|Beckley||171 miles||3 hours|
|Clarksburg||309 miles||5.1 hours|
|South Charleston||232 miles||4.2 hours|
|Vienna||313 miles||5.1 hours|
|St. Albans||239 miles||4.2 hours|
|Bluefield||134 miles||2.3 hours|
|Bridgeport||307 miles||5 hours|
|Moundsville||377 miles||6.2 hours|
|Oak Hill||186 miles||3.3 hours|
|Dunbar||234 miles||4.2 hours|
|Elkins||321 miles||5.3 hours|
|Hurricane||253 miles||4.3 hours|
OTR Jobs for West Virginia Drivers
There are clear advantages to elevating your over-the-road driving career out of West Virginia with Brakebush Transportation. While you may travel for 24–27 days a month, we work with our drivers to make sure they have regular time off at home. Up your earnings with our added incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Solo Trucking Jobs in West Virginia
Brakebush Transportation has the greatest solo truck driving jobs in West Virginia. Since 1925, Brakebush has been a family-run business and a terrific place to work. Our drivers enjoy bull benefits, fair bonus structures, and competitive pay for their efforts. Apply today!
Rewarding Team Driving Jobs
Whether you’re a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver to up your earnings, Brakebush has rewarding team driving jobs. See our pay breakdown for West Virginia team drivers including a $.33 per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on West Virginia Trucking Jobs
How much do truckers make in WV?
Truck drivers in West Virginia make on average $81,096 per year, according to Indeed.