About our OTR Trucking Company
Brakebush is a family-owned company known for providing frozen chicken products across the United States. We offer our drivers better pay and benefits than our competitors because we are privately owned and operated. There are no obligations to shareholders. We believe in treating customers, employees, fellow motorists, and employees with respect. Please apply if you’re an experienced OTR reefer truck driver with a good record. Apply online or contact us with questions.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Virginia counties including:
Fairfax County | Prince William County | Virginia Beach County | Loudoun County | Chesterfield County | Henrico County | Norfolk County | Chesapeake County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Virginia Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in Virginia. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $82,537 average truck driver salary (2023)
- +10% projected job growth of heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 45,940 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in Virginia
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Virginia Beach||306 miles||5 hours|
|Norfolk||288 miles||4.6 hours|
|Chesapeake||290 miles||4.6 hours|
|Arlington||260 miles||5.4 hours|
|Richmond||254 miles||3.7 hours|
|Newport News||317 miles||4.7 hours|
|Alexandria||357 miles||5.4 hours|
|Hampton||299 miles||4.7 hours|
|Roanoke||130 miles||2.5 hours|
|Portsmouth||287 miles||4.5 hours|
|Suffolk||267 miles||4.2 hours|
|Lynchburg||169 miles||2.7 hours|
|Centreville||323 miles||5.5 hours|
|Dale City||336 miles||5 hours|
|Reston||337 miles||5.6 hours|
|Harrisonburg||259 miles||4 hours|
|Leesburg||334 miles||5.8 hours|
|Ashburn||338 miles||5.8 hours|
|Tuckahoe||263 miles||4 hours|
|McLean||362 miles||5.5 hours|
Virginia OTR Trucking Jobs
There are advantages to elevating your over-the-road driving career out of Virginia with Brakebush Transportation. Even though you might travel for 24–27 days a month, we work with our drivers to make sure they have regular time off to spend at home. Thanks to quarterly incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile), your earning potential is sky-high.
Available Team Driving Jobs
Looking for a team truck driving job? Whether you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver on the job, you’ve come to the right place. See our pay breakdown for Virginia team drivers including a $.33 per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Virginia
How much does a trucker get paid in Virginia?
Truckers in Virginia make on average $82,537, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in VA?
A CDL license in VA lasts for 8 years and expires on your birthday.