About Our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush is a family-owned company with a history of quality service in poultry production and distribution dating back to 1925. Because we have no obligations to shareholders, we pass the savings on to our drivers and staff. If you’re looking for a company that will value your hard work and treats you right, you’ve come to the right place. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Vermont counties including:
Chittenden County | Rutland County | Washington County | Windsor County | Franklin County | Windham County | Addison County | Bennington County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Vermont Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $72,426 average Vermont truck driver salary (2023)
- 3% projected job growth of Vermont heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 3,380 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in VT
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Burlington||884 miles||14.3 hours|
|Essex||890 miles||14.3 hours|
|South Burlington||886 miles||14.3 hours|
|Colchester||892 miles||14.4 hours|
|Rutland City||827 miles||13.1 hours|
|Bennington||774 miles||12.2 hours|
|Brattleboro||813 miles||12.7 hours|
|Milton||900 miles||14.6 hours|
|Essex Junction||890 miles||14.4 hours|
|Williston||887 miles||14.3 hours|
|Hartford||849 miles||13.6 hours|
|Springfield||821 miles||13.2 hours|
|Middlebury||854 miles||13.5 hours|
|Barre City||899 miles||14.2 hours|
|Barre||898 miles||14.4 hours|
|Shelburne||877 miles||14.0 hours|
|Montpelier||900 miles||14.3 hours|
|Winooski||887 miles||14.3 hours|
|St. Johnsbury||906 miles||14.4 hours|
|St. Albans City||912 miles||14.7 hours|
Vermont OTR Trucking Jobs
With Brakebush Transportation, you can advance your over-the-road driving career outside of Vermont. While you may travel between 24 and 27 days each month, we coordinate with our drivers to make sure they have regularly scheduled downtime to spend at home. Thanks to quarterly incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile), your earning potential is as far as you want to take it.
Rewarding Solo Trucking Jobs for Vermont Drivers
As a solo truck driver in Vermont, Brakebush Transportation is a fantastic place to work. Our family-run transportation business pays our drivers well, provides complete benefits, and uses a strong bonus structure to honor dedicated employees. To get started, submit an application right away!
Rewarding Team Driving Jobs
Want to level up your income with a team truck driving job? Whether you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver, Brakebush is the right place. See our pay breakdown for Vermont team drivers including a 33 cents per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Vermont
How much do truck drivers in Vermont make?
Truckers in Vermont make on average $72,426 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Vermont?
A CDL license in Vermont lasts for either 2 years or 4 years depending on the duration chosen.