About Our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation transports poultry products nationwide, including to one of our four locations. We are family-owned and operated, offering great benefits and higher-than-average salaries to drivers. See additional reasons why this might be a great fit along with our superior pay and competitive benefits below. Apply now or contact us if you have any questions.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all South Carolina counties including:
Greenville County | Richland County | Charleston County | Horry County | Spartanburg County | Lexington County | York County | Berkeley County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
South Carolina Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in South Carolina. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $80,363 average South Carolina truck driver salary (2023)
- +14% projected job growth of South Carolina heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 30,180 estimated South Carolina heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in SC
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Charleston||269 miles||4 hours|
|Columbia||153 miles||2.5 hours|
|North Charleston||260 miles||3.9 hours|
|Mount Pleasant||273 miles||4.2 hours|
|Rock Hill||84 miles||1.5 hours|
|Greenville||156 miles||2.5 hours|
|Summerville||248 miles||3.7 hours|
|Goose Creek||255 miles||3.8 hours|
|Hilton Head Island||307 miles||4.7 hours|
|Sumter||165 miles||3 hours|
|Florence||159 miles||3 hours|
|Spartanburg||129 miles||2.3 hours|
|Myrtle Beach||214 miles||3.9 hours|
|Greer||147 miles||2.5 hours|
|Aiken||206 miles||3.3 hours|
|Anderson||184 miles||3 hours|
|Mauldin||155 miles||2.5 hours|
|Socastee||212 miles||3.8 hours|
|Hanahan||258 miles||4 hours|
|Conway||200 miles||3.5 hours|
South Carolina OTR Trucking Jobs
Take your career as an over-the-road driver out of South Carolina to the next level with Brakebush Transportation. While you may spend 24-27 days a month on the road, we work with our drivers to coordinate regular time at home. Your earning potential will be sky-high due to incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and a quarterly safety bonus (1 cent per practical mile).
Solo Truck Driving Opportunities in South Carolina
Brakebush Transport is a great place to work as a solo truck driver in South Carolina. Our family-owned transport company pays our drivers well, offers full benefits, and uses a robust bonus structure to reward hard-working drivers. Submit an application today to get started!
Team Driving Jobs
Searching for a team truck driving job as a husband and wife? Brakebush is the answer. Whether you're a couple or someone looking for a co-driver to up your earnings, we have rewarding team driving positions. View our pay schedule for team drivers, which includes a base rate of $.33 per practical mile and an east coast premium of $.05.
Frequently Asked Questions on South Carolina Trucking Jobs
How much does a CDL truck driver make in South Carolina?
CDL truck drivers in South Carolina make on average $80,363 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in South Carolina?
A CDL license lasts 8 years in the state of South Carolina.