About Our Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation has been a private, family-owned trucking company delivering poultry products across the United States since 1925. With no obligations to shareholders, added savings and benefits get passed onto you. See below our pay structures and benefits. Apply online or contact us with questions.
Brakebush is hiring in all Rhode Island counties including:
Providence County | Kent County | Washington County | Newport County | Bristol County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Rhode Island Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $101,431 average Rhode Island truck driver salary (2023)
- +13% projected job growth of Rhode Island heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 4,100 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in RI
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Providence||766 miles||12.7 hours|
|Cranston||764 miles||12.6 hours|
|Warwick||760 miles||12.6 hours|
|Pawtucket||771 miles||12.7 hours|
|East Providence||767 miles||12.7 hours|
|Woonsocket||781 miles||12.4 hours|
|Cumberland||781 miles||12.8 hours|
|Coventry||751 miles||12.5 hours|
|North Providence||772 miles||12.8 hours|
|South Kingstown||749 miles||12.5 hours|
|Johnston||770 miles||12.7 hours|
|West Warwick||754 miles||12.5 hours|
|North Kingstown||754 miles||12.6 hours|
|Newport||765 miles||12.8 hours|
|Westerly||727 miles||12.2 hours|
|Bristol||781 miles||13.1 hours|
|Lincoln||773 miles||12.8 hours|
|Smithfield||765 miles||12.7 hours|
|Central Falls||772 miles||12.8 hours|
|Portsmouth||792 miles||13.0 hours|
OTR Jobs for Rhode Island Truck Drivers
Brakebush Transportation can level up your over-the-road driving career outside of Rhode Island. While you may travel between 24 and 27 days each month, we give our drivers consistent time off at home. Increase your earnings through our various bonus incentives, including east coast premiums (10 cents for every practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent for every practical mile).
Rhode Island Solo Truck Driving Jobs
Brakebush Transport is the best place to work as a solo truck driver in Rhode Island. Our drivers receive fair pay, full benefits, and generous bonuses for hard work. Apply today to make a step up in your career!
Team Driving Jobs
Get a team driving job at Brakebush Transportation. Our team driving programs make it worthwhile to share the road, whether you're a married couple looking to improve your income or a solo driver looking for a co-driver. View our pay schedule for teams, which includes a basic rate of 33 cents per practical mile and a premium of 5 cents for east coast miles.
Frequently Asked Questions on Rhode Island Trucking Jobs
How much do CDL drivers make in Rhode Island?
CDL truck drivers in Rhode Island make on average $101,431 per year or 24% above the national average, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Rhode Island?
A CDL in Rhode Island lasts for 5 years. Drivers aged 70 years and older must renew their CDL every 2 years.