About Our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is a family-owned company with a history dating back to 1925. Since we have no obligations to shareholders, the added savings get passed onto our drivers. See more reasons why Brakebush might be the company for you including our pay structures and benefits below. Apply today or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Pennsylvania counties including:
Philadelphia County | Allegheny County | Montgomery County | Bucks County | Delaware County | Lancaster County | Chester County | York County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Pennsylvania Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $86,560 average Pennsylvania truck driver salary (2023)
- +6% projected job growth of Pennsylvania heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 88,100 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in PA
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Philadelphia||529 miles||8 hours|
|Pittsburgh||412 miles||6.6 hours|
|Allentown||522 miles||8.2 hours|
|Erie||532 miles||8.3 hours|
|Reading||503 miles||7.7 hours|
|Upper Darby||493 miles||9 hours|
|Scranton||559 miles||8.6 hours|
|Bethlehem||527 miles||8.3 hours|
|Bensalem||543 miles||9.3 hours|
|Lancaster||479 miles||7.5 hours|
|Lower Merion||502 miles||9.4 hours|
|Millcreek||527 miles||8.3 hours|
|Harrisburg||443 miles||6.8 hours|
|Lower Paxton||447 miles||6.9 hours|
|Haverford||496 miles||9.1 hours|
|Altoona||448 miles||7.3 hours|
|York||462 miles||7.2 hours|
|State College||490 miles||7.7 hours|
|Wilkes-Barre||542 miles||8.4 hours|
|Penn Hills||421 miles||6.9 hours|
OTR Jobs for Pennsylvania Truck Drivers
Advance your career with an over-the-road driving job out of Pennsylvania with Brakebush. While our drivers typically travel between 24 and 27 days per month, we work with each to provide regular time at home. Brakebush offers added driver incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Pennsylvania Solo Trucking Opportunities
Brakebush Transportation has the best solo trucking opportunities in Pennsylvania. Driving solo for Brakebush means great pay, full benefits, and a generous bonus structure. Take the next step in your career and apply today!
Available Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush Transportation hires team drivers all over the country. Our team driving programs are the answer, whether you're a husband and wife team looking for a rewarding opportunity to supplement your income or a solo driver looking for a co-driver. Earn a base pay rate of 33 cents per practical mile plus 5 cents per practical mile on the east coast. Ask about our driver-rider policy too!
Frequently Asked Questions on Pennsylvania Trucking Jobs
How much does a trucker make in PA?
Truck drivers in Pennsylvania make on average $86,560 per year or 5% above the national average, according to Indeed.
How often do you have to renew your CDL in PA?
A CDL in Pennsylvania must be renewed every 4 years.