About our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is an industry-leading refrigerated trucking company with a history dating back to 1925. We're a privately owned company with no obligations to shareholders, passing the added benefits onto our drivers. See more reasons why Brakebush might be a great fit for you along with our full pay structures and benefits below. Apply now or contact us with questions, we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Ohio counties including:
Franklin County | Cuyahoga County | Hamilton County | Summit County | Montgomery County | Lucas County | Butler County | Stark County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Ohio Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $81,065 average Ohio truck driver salary (2023)
- +6% projected job growth of Ohio heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 78,800 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in OH
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Columbus||390 miles||6.3 hours|
|Cleveland||478 miles||7.4 hours|
|Cincinnati||426 miles||7 hours|
|Toledo||528 miles||8.7 hours|
|Akron||443 miles||6.8 hours|
|Dayton||420 miles||6.6 hours|
|Parma||473 miles||7.3 hours|
|Canton||419 miles||6.4 hours|
|Youngstown||477 miles||7.5 hours|
|Lorain||497 miles||7.7 hours|
|Hamilton||443 miles||7 hours|
|Springfield||411 miles||6.6 hours|
|Kettering||421 miles||6.7 hours|
|Elyria||492 miles||7.6 hours|
|Lakewood||484 miles||7.4 hours|
|Newark||414 miles||6.4 hours|
|Cuyahoga Falls||445 miles||6.7 hours|
|Middletown||440 miles||7 hours|
|Euclid||485 miles||7.4 hours|
|Mentor||487 miles||7.5 hours|
Ohio OTR Trucking Jobs
Brakebush Transportation can help you further your over-the-road driving career out of Ohio. While our OTR drivers are typically on the road for 24-27 days per month, we work with each to ensure they have regular time off at home. Boost your earnings by taking advantage of incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Solo Trucking Jobs for Ohio Drivers
Brakebush Transportation has open positions for solo truck drivers in Ohio. Brakebush offers great pay, full benefits, and bonuses. Gain the independence of driving solo routes and added benefits like a flexible schedule. Apply today to get started!
Offering Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers fulfilling team-driving jobs. If you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver on the job, our team driver program could be perfect. View our pay schedule for team drivers, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Ohio
How much does a trucker make in Ohio?
Truck drivers in Ohio make on average $81,065 per year, according to Indeed.
How long is an Ohio CDL good for?
An Ohio CDL is good for 8 years.