About our Truck Driving Company
Brakebush Transportation has been a family-owned and operated business since 1925. With 4 locations spread across the nation, there's a Brakebush hub closest to you. Because we’re a family-first company, we have no obligations to shareholders - passing the benefits onto you. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all New Jersey counties including:
Bergen County | Middlesex County | Essex County | Hudson County | Monmouth County | Ocean County | Union County | Camden County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
New Jersey Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $79,007 average New Jersey truck driver salary (2023)
- +13% projected job growth of New Jersey heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 53,260 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in NJ
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Newark||563 miles||9.6 hours|
|Jersey City||569 miles||9.7 hours|
|Paterson||606 miles||9.4 hours|
|Elizabeth||559 miles||9.6 hours|
|Lakewood||545 miles||9.4 hours|
|Edison||544 miles||9.4 hours|
|Woodbridge||550 miles||9.4 hours|
|Toms River||537 miles||9.6 hours|
|Hamilton township||538 miles||8.9 hours|
|Clifton||605 miles||9.4 hours|
|Trenton||530 miles||8.8 hours|
|Brick||556 miles||9.5 hours|
|Camden||501 miles||8.1 hours|
|Cherry Hill||505 miles||8.4 hours|
|Passaic||575 miles||9.8 miles|
|Union City||586 miles||9.7 hours|
|Old Bridge||544 miles||9.4 hours|
|Franklin township||549 miles||9.4 hours|
|Middletown||564 miles||9.7 hours|
|Bayonne||566 miles||9.7 hours|
OTR Jobs for New Jersey Truck Drivers
Enhance your over-the-road driving career out of New Jersey with Brakebush. While it's common for drivers to travel 24 and 27 days each month, our drivers still receive regular time at home. Take advantage of our driver incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents for every practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent for every practical mile) that increase your earnings.
Solo Trucking Positions In New Jersey
Find the best solo trucking positions at Brakebush Transportation in New Jersey. Our drivers earn an excellent wage, receive full benefits, and we ensure they have regular home time. If you are looking to improve your career or simply need a change of pace, consider applying for our open positions today!
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers team driving jobs. Our team driving programs make it worthwhile to share the road, whether you're a husband and wife truck driving team looking to improve your income or an individual looking for a co-driver. View our pay schedule, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on New Jersey Trucking Jobs
How much does a truck driver make in NJ?
Truck drivers in New Jersey make on average $79,007 per year, according to Indeed.
How long is a CDL valid in New Jersey?
A CDL in New Jersey is valid for 4 years.