About Our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush is a leader in the transportation of reefer loads across the United States. We are family-owned and operated and have no obligations to shareholders. See more reasons why Brakebush might be a great fit for you including our full pay structure and benefits packages below. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Mississippi counties including:
Hinds County | Harrison County | DeSoto County | Rankin County | Jackson County | Madison County | Lee County | Lauderdale County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Mississippi Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $82,627 average Mississippi truck driver salary (2023)
- +4% projected job growth of Mississippi heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 23,810 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in MS
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Mississippi)||Driving distance in hours|
|Jackson||415 miles||6.5 hours|
|Gulfport||564 miles||8.6 hours|
|Southaven||477 miles||7.4 hours|
|Hattiesburg||502 miles||7.7 hours|
|Biloxi||576 miles||8.7 hours|
|Tupelo||579 miles||8.6 hours|
|Meridian||504 miles||7.5 hours|
|Olive Branch||488 miles||7.6 hours|
|Greenville||409 miles||6.6 hours|
|Horn Lake||482 miles||7.5 hours|
|Oxford||549 miles||8.3 hours|
|Pearl||418 miles||6.5 hours|
|Madison||423 miles||6.7 hours|
|Starkville||533 miles||8.2 hours|
|Clinton||406 miles||6.4 hours|
|Ridgeland||420 miles||6.4 hours|
|Columbus||561 miles||8.5 hours|
|Brandon||426 miles||6.6 hours|
|Vicksburg||372 miles||5.7 hours|
|Pascagoula||596 miles||9.1 hours|
Mississippi OTR Trucking Jobs
With Brakebush, you can get a rewarding OTR job outside of Mississippi. While you may be on the road 24–27 days a month, our drivers get regular time off. Further your career and up your earnings by taking advantage of additional driver incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Solo Truck Driving Jobs in Mississippi
The best solo trucking positions are available at Brakebush Transportation. Join our team now and enjoy comprehensive benefits, a competitive salary, and a performance-based bonus system. Submit your application today to begin your journey!
Available Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush has team-driving positions available. Our team driving program offers rewarding opportunities for husband and wife teams as well as solo drivers looking for a co-driver. See our pay structure for team drivers, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile plus a 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Mississippi
How much does a trucker make in Mississippi?
Truck drivers in Mississippi make on average $82,627 per year, according to Indeed.
How often do you have to renew your CDL in Mississippi?
A CDL must be renewed every 4 years in Mississippi.