About Our OTR Trucking Company
Brakebush has been a leader in the transportation industry since 1925. As a family-owned trucking company with no obligations to shareholders, we pass the savings on to our drivers. See more reasons to drive for Brakebush, including our superior pay and competitive benefits below. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Michigan counties including:
Wayne County | Oakland County | Macomb County | Kent County | Genesee County | Washtenaw County | Ingham County | Ottawa County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Michigan Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above average annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $82,799 average Michigan truck driver salary (2023)
- +13% projected job growth of Michigan heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 59,500 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in MI
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Wisconsin)||Driving distance in hours|
|Detroit||486 miles||7.8 hours|
|Grand Rapids||382 miles||6.3 hours|
|Warren||495 miles||8 hours|
|Sterling Heights||499 miles||8 hours|
|Ann Arbor||383 miles||7.4 hours|
|Lansing||422 miles||6.9 hours|
|Clinton Charter Township||503 miles||8.2 hours|
|Flint||477 miles||7.7 hours|
|Dearborn||488 miles||8 hours|
|Livonia||395 miles||7.5 hours|
|Canton||468 miles||7.8 hours|
|Macomb||511 miles||8.4 hours|
|Troy||499 miles||8.2 hours|
|Westland||396 miles||7.6 hours|
|Farmington Hills||474 miles||7.7 hours|
|Shelby||418 miles||7 hours|
|Kalamazoo||350 miles||6 hours|
|Wyoming||258 miles||5.6 hours|
|Rochester Hills||405 miles||7.7 hours|
|Southfield||393 miles||7.5 hours|
Michigan OTR Trucking Jobs
Join Brakebush Transportation for a rewarding OTR job out of Michigan. While you may be on the road for 24-27 days a month, our drivers enjoy regular time off at home. Boost your earnings with additional driver incentives such as east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Rewarding Solo Trucking Opportunities
Brakebush Transportation is a family-owned transportation company looking for experienced solo truck drivers. We offer full benefits, great pay, and a host of incentives for professional growth. If you are interested in solo trucking opportunities in Michigan, apply today!
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers rewarding team-driving jobs—both for husband and wife teams as well as individuals looking for a co-driver on the job. See our pay structure for team drivers, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Michigan
How much does a trucker make in Michigan?
Truck drivers in Michigan make on average $82,799 per year, according to Indeed.
How long is a CDL license good for in Michigan?
A CDL license is good for 4 years in Michigan.