About our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation has been a family-owned and operated company transporting fresh poultry products since 1925. With no obligations to shareholders, we pass the added benefits onto our drivers and staff. Join our network of drivers nationwide by applying online or contacting us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Massachusetts counties including:
Middlesex County | Worcester County | Suffolk County | Essex County | Norfolk County | Bristol County | Plymouth County | Hampden County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Massachusetts Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $80,103 average Massachusetts truck driver salary (2023)
- +22% projected job growth of Massachusetts heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 27,850 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in MA
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Boston||801 miles||12.9 hours|
|Worcester||762 miles||12.3 hours|
|Springfield||755 miles||11.7 hours|
|Cambridge||797 miles||12.9 hours|
|Lowell||802 miles||12.8 hours|
|Brockton||813 miles||13.1 hours|
|New Bedford||795 miles||13.2 hours|
|Quincy||809 miles||13 hours|
|Lynn||810 miles||13.2 hours|
|Fall River||782 miles||12.9 hours|
|Newton||792 miles||12.7 hours|
|Somerville||798 miles||13 hours|
|Lawrence||813 miles||13.1 hours|
|Framingham||781 miles||12.6 hours|
|Haverhill||820 miles||13.2 hours|
|Waltham||792 miles||12.8 hours|
|Malden||806 miles||13.1 hours|
|Plymouth||820 miles||13.6 hours|
|Brookline||796 miles||12.9 hours|
|Medford||805 miles||12.9 hours|
OTR Jobs for Massachusetts Truck Drivers
Brakebush Transportation can give your over-the-road driving career out of Massachusetts new potential. While it may be common for you to travel between 24 and 27 days each month, our drivers receive consistent time off at home. Level up your earnings through extra driver incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents for every practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent for every practical mile).
Solo Trucking Opportunities In Massachusetts
Drive solo for a family-owned transportation company that offers great pay, full benefits, and a generous bonus structure. If you are ready for the added independence and flexible schedule of a solo truck driver, apply today!
Team Driving Jobs
Truck drivers can find satisfying team driving employment with Brakebush. No matter if you're a husband and wife trying to increase your income or an individual looking for a co-driver, sharing the road through our team driving program is worth it. See our pay schedule to see our basic rate of 33 cents for every practical mile and our east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on Massachusetts Trucking Jobs
How much does a trucker make in Massachusetts?
Truck drivers make on average $80,103 per year, according to Indeed.
How long is a mass CDL license good for?
A Massachusetts CDL license is good for 5 years.