About our Refrigerated Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation has been delivering quality chicken products nationwide since 1925. As a family and privately owned company with no obligations to shareholders, we pass the savings on to our drivers. See more reasons to join our team including our full driver pay and benefits structures below. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Maryland counties including:
Montgomery County | Prince George's County | Baltimore County | Anne Arundel County | Howard County | Harford County | Frederick County | Carroll County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Maryland Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for Maryland truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $85,657 average Maryland truck driver salary (2023)
- +6% projected job growth of Maryland heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 28,420 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in MD
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Baltimore||426 miles||6.7 hours|
|Columbia||415 miles||6.5 hours|
|Germantown||402 miles||6.3 hours|
|Silver Spring||395 miles||6.3 hours|
|Waldorf||348 miles||5.7 hours|
|Ellicott City||413 miles||6.6 hours|
|Frederick||375 miles||6.1 hours|
|Glen Burnie||425 miles||6.7 hours|
|Gaithersburg||397 miles||6.2 hours|
|Rockville||392 miles||6.2 hours|
|Bethesda||389 miles||6.2 hours|
|Dundalk||431 miles||6.9 hours|
|Bowie||409 miles||6.6 hours|
|Towson||427 miles||6.8 hours|
|Aspen Hill||397 miles||6.3 hours|
|Severn||419 miles||6.8 hours|
|Wheaton||395 miles||6.2 hours|
|North Bethesda||391 miles||6.1 hours|
|Bel Air South||452 miles||7.2 hours|
|Potomac||388 miles||6.1 hours|
OTR Jobs for Maryland Truck Drivers
With Brakebush Transportation, you can advance your over-the-road driving career out of Maryland. While you may travel between 24 and 27 days per month, we work with our drivers to ensure that they get regular time off at home. Brakebush provides additional driver incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents for every practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile) to help you earn more money.
Solo Truck Driving Jobs in Maryland
Brakebush Transportation offers rewarding solo trucking opportunities in Maryland. Experience the added independence and flexible scheduling of solo trucking while receiving great pay and benefits. Apply for a solo trucking position with Breakbush today!
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers rewarding team driving jobs. Whether you're a husband and wife couple or an individual searching for a co-driver to increase your earnings, our team driving programs make sharing the road worth it. View our pay schedule for Maryland team drivers, which includes a basic rate of 33 cents for practical miles and a premium of 5 cents for east coast miles.
Frequently Asked Questions on Maryland Trucking Jobs
How much do truck drivers make in Maryland?
Truck drivers in Maryland make on average $84,037 per year, according to Indeed.