About Our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is family-owned and operated. We've been an industry leader in the transportation industry since 1925. We’re able to offer better pay and benefits over competitors since we have no obligations to shareholders. If you want to work for a company that values your skillset and will support you every step of the way, a job as a driver for Brakebush could be your next gig. Apply online or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Kentucky counties including:
Jefferson County | Fayette County | Kenton County | Boone County | Warren County | Hardin County | Daviess County | Campbell County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Kentucky Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for statewide drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $83,840 average Kentucky truck driver salary (2023)
- +6% projected job growth of Kentucky heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 30,240 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in KY
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Lexington-Fayette||407 miles||6.4 hours|
|Bowling Green||442 miles||7.2 hours|
|Owensboro||510 miles||8.4 hours|
|Covington||423 miles||7 hours|
|Richmond||382 miles||5.9 hours|
|Georgetown||412 miles||6.4 hours|
|Florence||427 miles||7 hours|
|Hopkinsville||485 miles||7.5 hours|
|Nicholasville||409 miles||6.4 hours|
|Elizabethtown||457 miles||7.4 hours|
|Henderson||555 miles||8.7 hours|
|Jeffersontown||464 miles||7.2 hours|
|Independence||427 miles||7 hours|
|Frankfort||432 miles||6.7 hours|
|Paducah||549 miles||8.6 hours|
|Radcliff||467 miles||7.6 hours|
|Ashland||293 miles||4.9 hours|
|Murray||532 miles||8.4 hours|
|Erlanger||426 miles||7 hours|
|Madisonville||518 miles||8.1 hours|
OTR Jobs for Kentucky Truck Drivers
Brakebush can help you elevate your over-the-road driving career out of Kentucky. While you may travel 24 to 27 days per month, we work with our drivers to ensure that they have regular time at home. Enjoy additional driver incentives such as east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent for every practical mile).
Solo Trucking Jobs For the Open Road
Brakebush Transportation offers the best solo trucking jobs in Kentucky. Solo trucking at Brakebush Transportation comes with a host of perks and benefits aside from the great pay. If you want to experience what sets Brakebush apart from the competition, apply today!
Team Driving Jobs With Brakebush
Brakebush offers a full team driving program. Whether you're a husband and wife trucking team looking to supplement your income or a solo driver looking for a co-driver, our team driving jobs can get you there. Check out our pay schedule, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and a 5-cent per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Kentucky Trucking Jobs
How much does a trucker make in Kentucky?
Truck drivers in Kentucky make on average $83,840 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Kentucky?
A CDL in Kentucky lasts for 8 years.