About our Truck Driving Company
Brakebush is a family-owned company with a history of world-class customer service since 1925. Since there are no obligations to shareholders, we pass the added benefits onto our staff. If you want to work for a company that values your skillset and won’t treat you like a number, Brakebush is the perfect place. Apply online or contact our team with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Kansas counties including:
Johnson County | Sedgwick County | Shawnee County | Wyandotte County | Douglas County | Leavenworth County | Riley County | Butler County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Kansas Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $83,104 average Kansas truck driver salary (2023)
- +9% projected job growth of Kansas heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 21,400 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in KS
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Texas)||Driving distance in hours|
|Wichita||357 miles||5.7 hours|
|Overland Park||536 miles||8.1 hours|
|Kansas City||546 miles||8.2 hours|
|Olathe||525 miles||8 hours|
|Topeka||493 miles||7.5 hours|
|Lawrence||512 miles||7.7 hours|
|Shawnee||537 miles||8.1 hours|
|Manhattan||487 miles||7.6 hours|
|Lenexa||532 miles||7.9 hours|
|Salina||444 miles||6.8 hours|
|Hutchinson||406 miles||6.5 hours|
|Leavenworth||547 miles||8.2 hours|
|Leawood||540 miles||8.1 hours|
|Dodge City||454 miles||7.4 hours|
|Garden City||508 miles||8 hours|
|Emporia||439 miles||6.7 hours|
|Derby||349 miles||5.6 hours|
|Junction City||469 miles||7.3 hours|
|Prairie Village||538 miles||8.2 hours|
|Gardner||517 miles||7.8 hours|
Kansas OTR Trucking Jobs
There are advantages to elevating your over-the-road driving career with Brakebush. Even though you may be on the road for 24–27 days a month, we work with our drivers to make sure they have regular time off at home. With added incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cents per practical mile), your earning potential with us is as far as you can take it.
Solo Trucking Jobs for Kansas Drivers
Driving solo at Brakebush Transportation is your path to a rewarding career with exciting benefits. We offer great pay and benefits with consistent opportunities for professional growth. If you are looking to drive solo for a reputable transportation company, look no further than Brakebush Transportation. Apply today!
Available Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers team driving jobs nationwide. Whether you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver on the job, we can help you earn more while sharing the road. See our pay breakdown for team drivers including a 33 cents per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Kansas
How much does a trucker make in Kansas?
Truck drivers in Kansas make on average $83,104 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Kansas?
A CDL in Kansas lasts for 4 years.