About our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transporation is a family-owned and operated trucking company with a history dating back to 1925. We are an industry-leading supplier of quality poultry products sold across the United States. Our welcoming culture for drivers will value your skillset and provide the support you need to succeed. Apply online or contact us with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Brakebush is hiring in all Idaho counties including:
Ada County | Canyon County | Kootenai County | Bonneville County | Bannock County | Twin Falls County | Bingham County | Booner County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Idaho Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for statewide truckers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $84,593 average Idaho truck driver salary (2023)
- +7% projected job growth of Idaho heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 14,440 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in ID
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Minnesota)||Driving distance in hours|
|Boise City||1466 miles||21.5 hours|
|Meridian||1452 miles||21 hours|
|Nampa||1474 miles||21.5 hours|
|Idaho Falls||1127 miles||17.5 hours|
|Pocatello||1209 miles||18 hours|
|Caldwell||1489 miles||21.7 hours|
|Coeur d'Alene||1321 miles||19.6 hours|
|Twin Falls||1344 miles||19.6 hours|
|Post Falls||1330 miles||19.7 hours|
|Lewiston||1375 miles||21.7 hours|
|Rexburg||1119 miles||17.3 hours|
|Eagle||1478 miles||21.3 hours|
|Moscow||1406 miles||21.3 hours|
|Kuna||1472 miles||21.6 hours|
|Ammon||1127 miles||17.5 hours|
|Chubbuck||1176 miles||18.1 hours|
|Hayden||1327 miles||19.9 hours|
|Mountain Home||1423 miles||20.7 hours|
|Blackfoot||1155 miles||17.8 hours|
|Garden City||1471 miles||21.5 hours|
OTR Jobs for Idaho Truck Drivers
Brakebush can help you take the next step in your over-the-road driving career outside of Idaho. While you may travel 24 to 27 days per month, our drivers are given regular time off at home. Brakebush also provides additional driver incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent for every practical mile).
Rewarding Solo Trucking Jobs
Solo trucking comes with a long list of benefits, especially when you are driving for Brakebush Transportation. Gain your independence and improve your schedule at a company with real opportunities for professional growth. Apply today!
Rewarding Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush provides rewarding team-driving jobs for drivers out of Idaho. Our team driving programs make it worthwhile to share the road, whether you're a husband and wife trucking team looking to supplement your income or an individual searching for a co-driver. Review our pay schedule, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and a 5-cent per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Idaho Trucking Jobs
How much does a trucker make in Idaho?
Truck drivers in Idaho make on average $84,593 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Idaho?
A CDL in Idaho lasts for 4 years.