About our Truck Driving Company
Brakebush Transportation is a family-owned company with a history in the poultry production and distribution industry since 1925. We offer exceptional benefits compared to our competitors and have no obligations to shareholders. If you want to work for a company that values your hard work and will reward you, Brakebush is the perfect place. See our pay structures and benefits below. Apply online or contact us with questions.
Brakebush is hiring in all Connecticut counties including:
Fairfield County | Hartford County | New Haven County | New London County | Litchfield County | Middlesex County | Tolland County | Windham County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Connecticut Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for Connecticut truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $87,091 average Connecticut truck driver salary (2023)
- +13% projected job growth of Connecticut heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 13,630 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in CT
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Bridgeport||647 miles||11.6 hours|
|New Haven||667 miles||11.8 hours|
|Stamford||629 miles||10.7 hours|
|Hartford||730 miles||11.4 hours|
|Waterbury||701 miles||10.9 hours|
|Norwalk||637 miles||10.8 hours|
|Danbury||675 miles||10.6 hours|
|New Britain||721 miles||11.3 hours|
|West Hartford||727 miles||11.4 hours|
|Greenwich||623 miles||10.6 hours|
|Fairfield||643 miles||11.7 hours|
|Hamden||698 miles||10.9 hours|
|Bristol||716 miles||11.3 hours|
|Meriden||713 miles||11.2 hours|
|Manchester||736 miles||11.5 hours|
|West Haven||664 miles||11.7 hours|
|Milford||659 miles||11.3 hours|
|Stratford||651 miles||11.7 hours|
|East Hartford||730 miles||11.4 hours|
|Middletown||718 miles||11.3 hours|
Connecticut OTR Trucking Jobs
Take your over-the-road driving career out of Connecticut to the next level with Brakebush Transportation. While you may travel for 24–27 days a month, we work with our drivers to make sure they have regular time at home. With added incentives like east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile), your earning potential with us is sky-high.
Solo Truck Driving Positions in Connecticut
Solo truck driving positions are available at Brakebush Transportation. If you drive for us, you will be rewarded with great pay and unbeatable benefits. Enjoy guaranteed vacation days each year, a generous bonus structure, and regular time at home. Apply today!
Available Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush Transportation is also offering team driving jobs. Whether you're a husband and wife team or someone looking for a co-driver on the job, our program can help you enjoy time on the road while increasing your earnings. See our pay breakdown for Connecticut team drivers including a 33 cents per practical mile base rate and 5 cents per mile east coast premium.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Connecticut
How much do truckers make in CT?
Truck drivers in Connecticut make on average $87,091 per year or 6% above the national average, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in CT?
A CDL license in Connecticut lasts for 4 years.