About Our Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is a leader in transporting fresh poultry across the US. Our business treats employees with respect by providing quality equipment, support, and time to be with their families. Driver pay and benefits are stronger at Brakebush compared to other trucking companies due to our private ownership and lack of obligation to shareholders. Want to work for us? Apply now or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Colorado counties including:
Denver County | El Paso County | Arapahoe County | Jefferson County | Adams County | Larimer County | Douglas County | Boulder County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $15 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Ten paid holidays per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Colorado Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for truck drivers in the state. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $88,608 average Colorado truck driver salary (2023)
- +17% projected job growth of Colorado heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 26,470 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in CO
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Texas)||Driving distance in hours|
|Denver||788 miles||12 hours|
|Colorado Springs||717 miles||10.7 hours|
|Aurora||767 miles||11.9 hours|
|Fort Collins||832 miles||12.9 hours|
|Lakewood||790 miles||12.1 hours|
|Thornton||780 miles||12 hours|
|Arvada||782 miles||12.2 hours|
|Westminster||780 miles||12.2 hours|
|Pueblo||673 miles||10.1 hours|
|Centennial||772 miles||11.6 hours|
|Boulder||797 miles||12.4 hours|
|Greeley||808 miles||12.7 hours|
|Highlands Ranch||775 miles||11.7 hours|
|Longmont||805 miles||12.5 hours|
|Loveland||819 miles||12.7 hours|
|Broomfield||786 miles||12.3 hours|
|Castle Rock||758 miles||11.5 hours|
|Grand Junction||922 miles||15.2 hours|
|Commerce City||774 miles||12 hours|
|Parker||774 miles||11.7 hours|
OTR Jobs for Colorado Truck Drivers
Brakebush Transportation can advance your over-the-road driving career outside of Colorado. While you may travel between 24 and 27 days per month, our drivers are offered regular time home. Brakebush provides additional driver incentives including east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile) to make the long miles even more worthwhile.
Solo Truck Driving Openings at Brakebush Transportation
Solo truck driving openings are available at Brakebush Transportation. If you are looking for real benefits and great pay, we are the company for you! Apply today to become a member of our growing team.
Team Driving Jobs
Whether you're a husband and wife trucking team or a solo driver looking for a co-driver, Brakebush Transportation hires team drivers. You'll earn a base pay rate of 33 cents per practical mile, plus east coast premiums of 5 cents per practical mile. Inquire about our driver-rider policy for added comfort on the road for couples, family members, friends, or even pets.
Frequently Asked Questions on Colorado Trucking Jobs
How much does a trucker make in Colorado?
Truck drivers in Colorado make on average $88,608 per year, according to Indeed.
How long does a CDL last in Colorado?
A CDL in Colorado lasts for 4 years.