About our OTR Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation has been a family-owned company and leader in the transportation industry since 1925. We offer drivers rewarding opportunities back by the best logistics support in the business. Because we have no obligations to shareholders, we’re able to offer perks the other bigger companies can’t. Review our superior pay and competitive benefits below. Apply online or contact us with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you.
Brakebush is hiring in all Arkansas counties including:
Pulaski County | Benton County | Washington County | Sebastian County | Faulkner County | Saline County | Craighead County | Garland County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Arkansas Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members make well above the average annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $82,335 average Arkansas truck driver salary (2023)
- +8% projected job growth of Arkansas heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 38,780 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in Arkansas
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (Texas)||Driving distance in hours|
|Little Rock||330 miles||5.2 hours|
|Fort Smith||280 miles||4.9 hours|
|Fayetteville||336 miles||5.7 hours|
|Springdale||345 miles||5.9 hours|
|Jonesboro||458 miles||7.1 hours|
|Rogers||357 miles||6.1 hours|
|Conway||353 miles||5.5 hours|
|North Little Rock||331 miles||5.2 hours|
|Bentonville||361 miles||6.1 hours|
|Pine Bluff||340 miles||5.6 hours|
|Hot Springs||297 miles||4.8 hours|
|Benton||307 miles||4.8 hours|
|Sherwood||338 miles||5.3 hours|
|Texarkana||191 miles||3.1 hours|
|Russellville||363 miles||6.1 hours|
|Paragould||482 miles||7.4 hours|
|Bella Vista||369 miles||6.2 hours|
|Jacksonville||342 miles||5.2 hours|
|Cabot||353 miles||5.6 hours|
|West Memphis||456 miles||7.1 hours|
Arkansas OTR Trucking Jobs
Take a rewarding OTR job out of Arkansas with Brakebush. While you may be on the road for 24-27 days a month, our drivers enjoy regular time off. Level up your earnings even further with additional driver incentives such as east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers team driving jobs. Whether you're a husband and wife team or a solo driver looking for a co-driver, our team driving program provides rewarding opportunities. See our pay structure for team drivers, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Arkansas
How much does a trucker make in Arkansas?
Truck drivers in Arkansas make on average $82,335 per year, according to Indeed.
How often do you have to renew your CDL in Arkansas?
A CDL must be renewed every 4 years in Arkansas.