About Our CDL Trucking Company
Brakebush Transportation is an industry leader in the transportation of fresh poultry and refrigerated loads nationwide. We're a family-owned and privately held business that passes the savings onto our drivers. See more reasons why you might be a great fit for our company along with our full driver pay and benefits packages below. Apply today or contact us with questions—we'd love to hear from you.
Additional Reasons to Drive for Brakebush
- Private fleet with newer trucks
- Driver-friendly amenities including sleeper cabs, scale & toll bypass, and more
- Top-rated logistics support
- Offered regular time home of at least 36 hours
- Rider and pet policies
- & more!
Brakebush is hiring in all Alabama counties including:
Jefferson County | Mobile County | Madison County | Montgomery County | Shelby County | Baldwin County | Tuscaloosa County | Lee County
- Base Rate: $.60 per Practical Mile
- Team Base Rate: $.33 per Practical Mile
- Plus Performance Incentive: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Plus Per Diem: $.05 per Practical Mile
- East Coast Premium: $.10 per Practical Mile
- Team East Coast Premium: $.05 per Practical Mile
- Paid Weekly
- $15 per hour detention pay after two hours
- $12.50 per hour layover pay with a 24 - hour maximum of $165
- Quarterly Safety Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Miles
- Quarterly Fuel Mileage Bonus: top achievers generally earn more than $500.00 per quarter
- PC Miles Bonus: up to $.01 per Practical Mile
- Annual Safety Bonus: After driving 250,000 safely, drivers can receive an additional $.001 per mile for all safe driving miles driven in their career at the company.
NEW Progressive Stop Pay Schedule:
Brakebush received National Health Care Award for 2019 by the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- Health Insurance Health Saving plan & FLEX plan available
- Life Insurance Basic term - company will provide coverage of $10,000 with option to purchase more
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- DOT Physical Reimbursement
- Wellness Center for employees and family on medical plan
- Paid Benefit Time (Vacation/Sick Days) 0 - 2 years: 13 days/yr
2 - 10 years: 18 days/yr
10 - 18 years: 23 days/yr
18+ years: 28 days/yr
- 401k - Company match
- Holiday Pay Eight paid holiday per calendar year
- Optional add-ons: Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability & Illness Plan
Long Term Disability & Illness Plan
Alabama Trucking Facts
Now is a great time to be a long-haul truck driver, especially at Brakebush Transportation. Many of our team members average well above annual earnings for statewide truck drivers. And with a growing inventory, we're continuing to hire more qualified drivers from across the state.
- $80,667 average Alabama truck driver salary (2023)
- +8% projected job growth of Alabama heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020-2030)
- 35,210 estimated heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers (2020)
Note: metrics from Indeed and O*NET OnLine update frequently.
Driving Distance to our Nearest HQ for Reefer Trucking Careers in Alabama
|Reefer driving jobs (starting location)||Distance to our closest HQ (North Carolina)||Driving distance in hours|
|Birmingham||446 miles||7 hours|
|Montgomery||461 miles||7.1 hours|
|Huntsville||447 miles||7 hours|
|Mobile||627 miles||9.1 hours|
|Tuscaloosa||502 miles||7.7 hours|
|Hoover||452 miles||7 hours|
|Dothan||806 miles||8 hours|
|Auburn||407 miles||6.6 hours|
|Decatur||472 miles||7.2 hours|
|Madison||457 miles||7.1 hours|
|Florence||519 miles||8.1 hours|
|Phenix City||407 miles||6.5 hours|
|Prattville||474 miles||7.2 hours|
|Gadsden||436 miles||6.8 hours|
|Vestavia Hills||449 miles||7 hours|
|Alabaster||461 miles||7 hours|
|Opelika||401 miles||6.5 hours|
|Enterprise||527 miles||8.1 hours|
|Bessemer||461 miles||7.1 hours|
|Athens||480 miles||7.5 hours|
Alabama OTR Trucking Jobs
Join Brakebush Transportation for a rewarding OTR job out of Alabama. While you may be on the road for 24-27 days a month, our drivers get regular time off at home. Take advantage of additional driver incentives such as east coast premiums (10 cents per practical mile) and quarterly safety bonuses (1 cent per practical mile).
Team Driving Jobs
Brakebush offers rewarding team driving jobs for husband and wife teams as well as individuals looking for a co-driver. See our pay structure for team drivers, which includes a base rate of 33 cents per practical mile and an east coast premium of 5 cents per mile.
Frequently Asked Questions on Truck Driving Jobs in Alabama
How much do CDL drivers make in Alabama?
CDL truck drivers in Alabama make on average $80,667 per year, according to Indeed.
How often do you have to renew your CDL in Alabama?
A CDL in Alabama must be renewed every 4 years.